Your Checklist for Planning a Successful Gold Coast Business Event
Organising a corporate function is an immense task that involves a lot of moving parts. For the event to be executed well, it must be planned thoroughly. Those responsible for orchestrating successful Gold Coast business events have often planned out every detail well in advance, from travel arrangements to the choice of venue hire.
Planning such business events might sound like they require a herculean effort to accomplish, but there’s no need to panic. We’ve compiled a handy checklist that breaks down the planning criteria into comprehensible, bite-sized steps.
Step 1: Venue
The most important step is to lock down where you’re actually looking to hold the event. After all, finding the right venue hire can make or break your business event, so it’s important to finalise this step as soon as possible.
When choosing a venue for your event, remember to consider following:
- Cost: Does the venue fit within your budget? Make sure to research peak-periods to avoid paying inflated hire prices.
- Availability: Is the venue available on the right date? It’s always better to book sooner rather than later.
- Layouts and size: Will the venue be able to comfortably accommodate the number of expected guests? What is its maximum occupancy?
- Accessibility: Is the venue accessible for guests with handicaps, pregnant women, and the elderly?
- Ambience: Is the venue’s ambience fitting for the event you want to hold? Can it be easily personalised to accommodate a specific atmosphere?
- Parking: Is there sufficient parking space for your guests?
- In-house services: What are the available in-house services (e.g. catering, waitstaff, cleaning and sanitation, audio/visual equipment, etc.)?
- Restaurants & dining: Are there nearby dining areas and restaurants?
- Accommodation & lodging: Are there hotels nearby for guests should they decide to stay longer?
Once you’ve compared your potential event venues against the above checklist, pick your top three options. Now find five factors from the checklist that are most important to the success of your event and choose the venue that best fulfils these requirements.
Not interested in wasting hours hunting down the right option? Then let us suggest a venue that covers all the above. Situated on a luscious and green 34-hectare site, the Gold Coast Turf Club has you covered and boasts of over 20 different event spaces, plus an abundance of outdoor areas
For large-scale corporate events, we even have our 2,000-square-metre Event Centre. This impressive structure can host over 3,500 guests and offers spectacular panoramic views of the Gold Coast skyline spanning from Main Beach to Burleigh.
The Gold Coast Turf Club’s first-class facilities make it a prime choice for those seeking premium event venues on the Gold Coast. Just some of the features include:
- Accessible lift access to first and second floor function venues
- Members areas and toilet facilities
- Facilities can be made available for service animals upon request
- Ample parking on-site
Lastly, since we work closely with numerous nearby hotels, the staff can also assist with accommodation requirements for your delegates.
Step 2: Activities
Once you’ve settled on the venue, it’s time to consider what activities you want to put on during your event to make it an unforgettable experience. Map out an agenda of what you plan to cover, along with time estimates for each activity. Don’t forget to include a buffer in case of unforeseen problems and delays. An example of how this might look is:
- Guest speaker lecture, if applicable
- Main programme
- Intermission for food (lunch or dinner)
- Closing statement
- After-party/social mixer
If you’re truly after a memorable programme for your guests, consider a day at the races. Gold Coast Turf Club offers you and your guests the chance to harness the excitement of the horse-racing atmosphere as a thrilling backdrop for your large-scale outdoor event or conference.
Step 3: Food
While you might not consider this step to be the number one priority, you can bet that your guests will judge your event based off the quality of the food provided. Don’t compromise on quality catering unless you want to set the wrong impression with your guests. It’s also important to ask the follow questions:
- Are you simply offering finger food or an all-out buffet? Will there be enough for everyone
- Do any of your guests have special dietary needs?
- Will alcohol be served? Are you planning to offer a free-flow drinks bar?
- What other kinds of beverage will be served?
We offer a wide menu selection for public and private meetings and functions in Australia. Our team is passionate about providing first-class service and fresh, high quality produce in all our menus and buffets.
If you’ve covered off every step on the checklist above and have begun planning your business event with plenty of time, then you’re the right track to ensure your function is a success. For those looking to enquire about hosting a corporate event at the Gold Coast Turf Club, get in touch with us today by calling (07) 5353 5608.