1. Policy Commitment
2. Collection of Private Information
We may collect Private Information in the following ways:-
- membership applications;
- employment details;
- renewal forms;
- race day enquires;
- sponsorship and partnerships;
- our website and social media accounts;
- competitions; or
- publicly available
When or before we collect Private Information we will inform you of the following:-
- the purpose for which the information is collected;
- any law that requires that particular information to be collected; and
- the main consequence for you, if all or part of the information is not
3. Use and Disclosure
The Private Information collected by us covers all customers and employees. In regard to information about employees or potential employees, we use and disclose this information for our business including establishing, managing or terminating employment relationships.
All other Private Information is primarily collected for our use including matters related to the processing of membership applications, renewal forms, general administration and marketing activates. Secondary purposes include business planning, membership development, administering and managing the content of our website and social media.
As part of our business operations, we often engage third parties; you may elect not to have your Private Information disclosed to third parties.
4. Storage and Security of Private Information
We endeavour to retain Private Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the information was collected. The Privacy Act states that an organisation must take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Private Information when it is no longer needed. We will take reasonable steps to ensure compliance with this principle as soon as practical.
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Private Information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including electronic and physical security measures.
We will store any credit or debit card details on a secure database and will retain this information for only as long as necessary to fulfil the immediate purpose for which the information was collected or as required by law.
5. Access to Information
You may access the Private Information we hold on you, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to acknowledge your request and provide the information, except where restricted by the Privacy Act. In order to protect your Private Information, we may require identification before releasing any information.
8. Photography and Filming on Premises
We commission photographers to attend events to capture images reflective of the activities and the general environment of our events. Through attendance at our events you consent to the use of any photographs or videos taken to be used for promotional purposes including posting on our website and social media accounts.
9. Internet Access
When accessing our website or social media accounts, our internet provider may make records of your visit and log the following information:-
- your IP address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to our website;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site you visited; or
- the type of browser you are using.
10. Links to Other Websites
11. Unsolicited Private Information
From time to time we may receive unsolicited information relating to a person. This may be via electronic or postal means. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify this information as soon as practicable.
12. Contact for Further Information, Access, Correction or Complaints
If you have any questions about how we manage your Private Information, require access to or correction of you Private Information or wish to make a complaint about the way we manage your Private Information, please contact our office below:-
Gold Coast Turf Club PO Box 5070
Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9726 Ph: (07) 5538 1599
Alternatively, complaints may also be referred to a number of services as set out below:-
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992; or
- Information Commissioner on the OAIC website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
13. Definitions Australian Privacy
Principles or APP means those principles set out in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act.
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Private Information means Personal Information or Sensitive Information.
Sensitive information means information or opinion about an individual’s:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- memberships of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- memberships of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual orientation or practices; or
We/Us/Our means Gold Coast Turf Club Limited ACN 102 941 980.