- 05 Jan 13 Schweida strikes again at Coast
- 05 Jan 13 Rockdale back in winner's stall
- 05 Jan 13 Kelly, Page in see-sawing battle
- 01 Jan 13 Dream is still alive for MM
- 01 Jan 13 Protest hands Schweida a double
- 01 Jan 13 Playtime eyes third MM bid
- 01 Jan 13 All That burns off rivals
- 01 Jan 13 Biggles gives Doyle a third Goldmarket
- 29 Dec 12 Page smiling after Jantzen's return
- 29 Dec 12 Treichel seals early double
THE Gold Coast Turf Club is one of the busiest racing and training precincts in Australia and the home base of some of Queensland’s finest trainers.
With more than 500 horses in work on the Gold Coast, the training facilities at the GCTC are in heavy demand.
- Course proper (occasional use)
- B grass
- Sand track
- The Ken Russell track for slow work.
TRAINING TRACK SCHEDULE
All training tracks:
Monday to Saturday - 3.45am to 8am.
Sunday - closed (except in exceptional circumstances)
Availability limited to the following days:
Tuesday - for all horses
Saturday - for nominated horses only
The availability of grass gallops is restricted to the same day as barrier trials are conducted on the B grass or when special permission has been granted by the club.
BARRIER TRIALS & JUMPOUTS
Barrier trials are conducted every three weeks on the B grass over 1000m. Two-year-old heats are run over 900m.
Nominations for barrier trials must be made with the Trainers Service Centre (1800 138 704) by noon on the day prior to the trials. Barrier trial schedules are published in the Racing Queensland Magazine.
Jumpouts are held at the Gold Coast every Tuesday except on days when barrier trials are conducted. Jumpouts alternate between the Velvetrack one week and the sand track the next.
Nominations must be received by the racecourse manager by 8am on the day prior to the jumpouts.
Visiting trainers must apply in writing to the CEO, racing manager or Racecourse Manager for a permit to use the club’s facilities. The number of visiting horses will be restricted according to the prevailing conditions at the absolute discretion of the GCTC board.