- 05 Jan 13 Schweida strikes again at Coast
- 05 Jan 13 Rockdale back in winner's stall
- 05 Jan 13 Kelly, Page in see-sawing battle
- 01 Jan 13 Dream is still alive for MM
- 01 Jan 13 Protest hands Schweida a double
- 01 Jan 13 Playtime eyes third MM bid
- 01 Jan 13 All That burns off rivals
- 01 Jan 13 Biggles gives Doyle a third Goldmarket
- 29 Dec 12 Page smiling after Jantzen's return
- 29 Dec 12 Treichel seals early double
Well-bred Patinack filly too strong
BEAUTIFULLY-bred filly Business Day lived up to her stout bloodlines with another strong staying display at the Gold Coast this afternoon.
Raced by Nathan Tinkler’s Patinack Farm, the three-year-old filly is by champion stallion Zabeel out of the unraced Woodman mare Well Prepared.
Patinack Farm paid $320,000 for Business Day at the 2010 Karaka sale in NZ.
The filly broke through at her third start with an easy Maiden win at the Sunshine Coast on January 8 and stepped up again to land today’s Bill McGavin Class 1 Hcp (2200m) at the Gold Coast.
Business Day ($3.60) settled at the rear of the four-horse field but produced a strong finish to beat Skate On By ($1.60 fav) by three-quarters of a length with Ruffino ($2.50) two lengths away third.
“Patinack bought four yearlings at that Karaka sale, including Pretty Pins and Another Superior, who also are showing promise,’’ said Patinack representative Damien Iannazzo.
“This filly is still learning but shows staying promise.’’
Story: Neil Archer
Photo: Trackside Photography Pty Ltd