- 05 Jan 13 Schweida strikes again at Coast
- 05 Jan 13 Rockdale back in winner's stall
- 05 Jan 13 Kelly, Page in see-sawing battle
- 01 Jan 13 Dream is still alive for MM
- 01 Jan 13 Protest hands Schweida a double
- 01 Jan 13 Playtime eyes third MM bid
- 01 Jan 13 All That burns off rivals
- 01 Jan 13 Biggles gives Doyle a third Goldmarket
- 29 Dec 12 Page smiling after Jantzen's return
- 29 Dec 12 Treichel seals early double
Part-owners land holiday win again
HOLIDAYING part-owners Norm and Carolyn Pinder experienced a sense of déjà vu on Saturday when Le Beau Cheval won at the final Gold Coast meeting of the season.
The Pinders, from Melbourne, often holiday on the Gold Coast at this time of year. During their holiday last year they also had a win at the final Gold Coast meeting of the season with Go Amigo.
“We’ve been spending our winters up here on the Gold Coast for years and it’s nice to see one of our horses successful up here while we’re on holiday,’’ said Norm Pinder.
“This horse is really much better on top of the ground, so he’s done a good job to win in these heavy conditions today. He’ll probably have a break now.’’
Le Beau Cheval is the latest winner for the Pinders who have been involved in many horses over the years, most notably with Group One winner Orange County. Trained by Brian Mayfield-Smith, Orange County raced at the highest level, winning nine races including the 2008 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes at Caulfield.
Trained at Rosehill by Gerald Ryan, Le Beau Cheval was having his second start of his current Queensland campaign when he lined up in Saturday’s The Builder App Class 2 Hcp (1400m).
Ridden by Dean Tanti, Le Beau Cheval ($4) came from midfield to beat I Am But
A Fool ($9.50) by a length with a head to Dorchester ($3 fav) in third.
Story: Neil Archer
Photo: Trackside Photography Pty Ltd.