- 05 Jan 13 Schweida strikes again at Coast
- 05 Jan 13 Rockdale back in winner's stall
- 05 Jan 13 Kelly, Page in see-sawing battle
- 01 Jan 13 Dream is still alive for MM
- 01 Jan 13 Protest hands Schweida a double
- 01 Jan 13 Playtime eyes third MM bid
- 01 Jan 13 All That burns off rivals
- 01 Jan 13 Biggles gives Doyle a third Goldmarket
- 29 Dec 12 Page smiling after Jantzen's return
- 29 Dec 12 Treichel seals early double
Kemp back on familiar turf
ASTUTE Toowoomba trainer Kevin Kemp was delighted to be back at his old stomping ground with a winner at the Gold Coast today.
Kemp saddled up three-year-old filly Golden Trinkets to win first-up in the Samios Plumbing Supplies Class 2 Hcp (900m).
“Believe it or not I was once an apprentice jockey and started out here on the Gold Coast in the late 1960s with trainer Bill Kraft,’’ said Kemp. “Mick Dittman started out with Kraft at around the same time.
“The Coast holds fond memories so it’s nice to be back here and be able to win a race.’’
Ridden by Kenji Yoshida, Golden Trinkets ($6) had the run of the race behind the pace and drew clear to beat Zarmarski ($14) by two lengths.
“You’ve got to draw well in these races and with the run she got from that good gate today she was always going to be hard to beat,’’ said Kemp.
A three-year-old daughter of Sequalo, Golden Trinkets has now won three of her nine starts and been placed another three times.
Story: Neil Archer
Photo: Trackside Photography Pty Ltd