- 05 Jan 13 Schweida strikes again at Coast
- 05 Jan 13 Rockdale back in winner's stall
- 05 Jan 13 Kelly, Page in see-sawing battle
- 01 Jan 13 Dream is still alive for MM
- 01 Jan 13 Protest hands Schweida a double
- 01 Jan 13 Playtime eyes third MM bid
- 01 Jan 13 All That burns off rivals
- 01 Jan 13 Biggles gives Doyle a third Goldmarket
- 29 Dec 12 Page smiling after Jantzen's return
- 29 Dec 12 Treichel seals early double
Keeninska seals Treichel double
JOCKEY Terry Treichel posted a race-to-race double when Keeninska broke through at the Gold Coast this afternoon.
Treichel opened his account on the Grafton-trained The Big Boy Sings ($13) in the Salute Your Service Maiden Plate (2200m) and landed the next race, the Surfers Paradise RSL Maiden Hcp (1300m), on Keeninska.
Trained on the Gold Coast by Kent Fleming, Keeninska ($2.80 fav) settled off the pace and finished the race off strongly to beat Recited ($4.60) by a length with Desperate Dan ($5.50) three lengths away in third.
“She was ridden upside down here the other day against my instructions and dropped out, but I knew if Terry rode her off the pace today she should just win,’’ said Fleming.
“She’s a nice filly who should go on with it, but I might just give her a short break now.’’
Story: Neil Archer
Photo: Trackside Photography Pty Ltd