- 05 Jan 13 Schweida strikes again at Coast
- 05 Jan 13 Rockdale back in winner's stall
- 05 Jan 13 Kelly, Page in see-sawing battle
- 01 Jan 13 Dream is still alive for MM
- 01 Jan 13 Protest hands Schweida a double
- 01 Jan 13 Playtime eyes third MM bid
- 01 Jan 13 All That burns off rivals
- 01 Jan 13 Biggles gives Doyle a third Goldmarket
- 29 Dec 12 Page smiling after Jantzen's return
- 29 Dec 12 Treichel seals early double
Allknight Saint marches in
EAGLE Farm trainer Brad Herne will send Allknight Saint for an immediate spell after the two-year-old’s impressive win at the Gold Coast this afternoon.
Lining up for his third race start in today’s Attwood Marshall Lawyers QTIS 2YO Maiden Hcp (1300m), Allknight Saint ($3.20) did a terrific job to lump topweight of 58kg in the very heavy conditions.
“It’s not easy to carry that weight in conditions like this and I thought his effort was terrific,’’ said Herne.
“I didn’t want to put on an apprentice because he’s not really a kid’s horse and I was happy for him to carry the full 58kg for Glen (Killen).
“I think he’s going to make a nice three-year-old next season and he’ll go for a spell now.’’
Herne has been training for three years after spending many years learning his craft while working for trainers Tim Martin and Liam Birchley.
Allknight Saint, a son of Zaha, is raced by a syndicate of seven which also includes the trainer’s wife Lauren.
Story: Neil Archer
Photo: Trackside Photography Pty Ltd